Sunday, June 29, 2014

What is my biggest mistake in Blogging?

I had everything to become a successful blogger. I am an educated person, I love browsing Internet, I am a hardworking and motivated person. I could work 12-16 hours a day. I had all the ingredients of becoming a legendary blogger. Still I failed so miserably that I am not a blogger anymore. So, it is time for me to find own my mistakes. The single biggest mistake was not focusing on a single blog or a single topic.
Yes, if I could get back to the past or the year 2006, I would have just focused on a single blog and make it have 1 million page views a month. I really had the potential for that. However, I was always in a hurry and I was running from one blog to another blog. I was running from one topic to another. Even in a single blog, I was running from one topic to another.
What can I say? I was immature and not wise. Well, on the other hand, my life was full of mental stress and I was passing through a very tough time.
Thus, it was my biggest mistake but at the same time, it was my toughest time in life. There was so much stress that I could not focus at all.
The second biggest mistake that I made was that I could not understand the full potential of blogging. I was just concerned with getting more traffic from search engines like Google. Except it, I did not bother about anything else. I did not bother about the other things that blogging could give me- getting interviewed by prestigious media like BBC, CNN or speaking in local TV channels or radio stations etc. Again, my life was full of problems and thinking about them was impossible.
The final big mistake that I made was not trying to establish myself as an expert on a particular topic. My biggest opportunity was to establish myself as an expert on South Asia, India and Bangladesh. Again, I was passing through a very tough time. Then I became very sick. So, I could not get any real success in blogging.
I had some limitations too and the biggest limitation was not having high speed Internet for the first 4 years of blogging. For four years, the average speed was just 10 KBPS or 80 kbps or even less than that. There were some other limitations too. There were serious problems in my life. My wife got very sick and then I became very sick.
So, while I had made some mistakes in blogging, I also suffered from abnormal problems too. To be honest, my serious problems started at the same time I started professional blogging. Bad health also caused that I could not try. I was and still not a lazy person. I love to try and work hard. I still love to try my best. So, I am unlucky that stress and bad health both happened at the same time.
Now, I need to learn from my mistakes and at the same time, I am deeply grateful to God that my condition has improved a lot. The most important thing that I have learnt is that you must never give up. Secondly, if you keep on trying then you will come out of the bad condition sooner or later and you will become stronger. Thirdly, it is important to learn from our mistakes. It is important to gain wisdom from our tough condition.
What is next? I want to be a writer and I wish that someday, I can be a successful blogger. My life still needs a lot of adjustment. I still have some complicated problems and limitations to pass. However, I feel simply great to be able to write this entry without putting any pressure on my health or mind. This post will not bring any money or anything at all. It will not be ready by hundreds of people. May be, 100 or maximum 1000 people will read in one year.
Still, in a long time, this is the first entry that I could type without any stress. It has taken almost 3 hours to write it. I could have finished it within an hour but then would have suffered some stress. Slow and steady wins the race. I hope to go slow and move as slowly as possible. I love speed but it is time I should focus on going slow and improving my quality as a writer. It will take time but hopefully, if I can work regularly then each month would bring some improvement slowly and steadily.
Thanks a lot for reading it. I know it is a nonsense blog post to you but for me it is the beginning of a new stage in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment